Monday, September 9, 2013

Assignment #1: (part two) Create a Piece of Artwork as your Artist and Write an Artist Statement as your Artist


Sarah Zuckerman
September 9, 2013
Research Methodologies AVT 600
Assignment #1, Part 2
Artist Statement as Sarah Irvin

Moving Landscapes

Having grown up in Southern California, there were continual bouts of movement in the terrain due to the abundance of earthquakes. My entire life I have felt that my surroundings are moving and changing around me, regardless now of where I actually am. I think about the tectonic plates that are moving beneath my feet and how, with that, my environment is always shifting.

While observing my surroundings, I find that words come to mind that have a specific color I associate with them. I write these words on the paper with ink, push and pull the ink with squeegees to merge and distort the words until they are completely changed from their original written form. These paintings are interpretations of the feeling of movement within a given landscape. 




Piece Created as Sarah I.

No comments:

Post a Comment